Three out of five (59%) working women between the ages of 45 and 55 who are experiencing menopause symptoms say it has a negative impact on them at work.
This is according to new research from the CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development.
• Nearly two-thirds (65%) said they were less able to concentrate
• More than half (58%) said they experience more stress
• More than half (52%) said they felt less patient with clients and colleagues.
• Nearly a third of women surveyed (30%) said they had taken sick leave because of their symptoms, but only a quarter of them felt able to tell their manager the real reason for their absence.
Working with HR Departments, Leaders and Teams to create a culture of openness and an environment where women feel safe to talk about their symptoms and ask for support.
The Cloudless Menopause programme:
• Supports HR teams to develop policies and procedures to manage menopause in the workplace
• Educates and raises awareness of menopause symptoms and the experiences of female staff
• Provides staff with tools to allow them to support their colleagues
• Empowers female staff to feel confident discussing their symptoms and asking for the support they need
• Provides managers with the tools they need to support their staff and the confidence to ask questions relating to menopause
For an informal chat about how I can support your company please click the link below.